Saturday, July 4, 2009

Rainy Day Mondays

rdm Hanging around, nothing to do but frown.
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down.

As I sit and write this post, it is indeed raining outside.  Although it is not a Monday.  It is in fact a Thursday, which is infinitely worse.  I never could get the hang of Thursdays.  But since no-one has yet written a song entitled “Rainy days and Thursdays” we’ll stick to the title if you don’t mind.

Over the last six months since I started blogging, I have read lots of blogs.  When I find a blogger whose work I enjoy, I usually try to go back to the beginning of their blog to read some of their older posts.  Or course sometimes that involves 3000 posts over the course of 5 years, in which case I skim the titles and read the ones that look like fun.  I also like to do this because many bloggers don’t have any comments for the first few months.  I suppose not many people go back and read the archives, so until you are well known and popular, you are largely blogging for your own benefit. 

Which is sad, because a lot of really good stuff gets lost then.  Admittedly most of my early stuff deserves to remain in obscurity, but sometimes a gem comes through.

So here’s my idea.  On Rainy Day Mondays I will be posting an old post – one that’s been lying around waiting for a rainy day.  Either one from one of my own sites, or one from another blog I follow or have read.  If I am posting from another blog, I will obviously get the permission from the owner first. 

If you would like to see any blog-posts - either your own, or that of another blogger you admire - appear on Rainy Day Mondays, feel free to send me a message.  My e-mail is sharkbait@webmail.co.za and I will keep it anonymous.  So feel free to shamelessly self-promote one of your own posts, I’ll never tell it was you.  Promise.

If you like the idea, feel free to steal it.  As long as you post a link to my site as well with the badge on the side-bar.  Then come and post your link in my comment section.  On the off-chance that this thing actually takes off on other sites, I will invest in a Mr Linky Widget, but until then we’ll just have to go old-school.

Let’s start digging in the archives people.  There’s no use saving these gems for a rainy day.  Let’s brighten up our Rainy Day Monday with a blast from the past.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, my friend! It's good to see you back in circulation. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a little encouragement on my blog... I'll come see how things are On The Reef when I return from the mission field. Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shark Bait, I think this is a great idea. I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I still comment even if I've never said Hoo Ha Ha!? :) I hope for the most part that you will post your old blogs on Mondays. I would be interested in reading them. I'm enjoying your blogs that I have read so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *high five*

    I love this idea! I will sure to checking in it.....well, because I am becoming a Shark Bait fan and would love to catch some of your older "shtuff".

    .....if it makes you feel any better, here in CT it rained some insane amount like 38 outta 44 days in late May/June. neat! I called my friend's husband who is a carpenter and put in my order for our ark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been whistling...

    "I don't care if Monday's blue
    Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
    Thursday I don't care about you..."


    ...since I read this.

    I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea!

    It rained all day Saturday and cloudy all day SUnday- both days felt like Monday to me...although the sun is finally shining!

    ReplyDelete

Say Hoo Ha Ha!