Saturday, February 13, 2010

Taking the plunge



So here's the deal. God and I have been chatting this week, and I'm not sure I like what I'm hearing.

Just last week I was thinking vaguely about something I had felt called to do before, but kept saying, "I am not ready yet. When the time comes."

Then I get a message this week that the time might have come. Then another one - The same day. Then another one today.

The only problem is that the whole week I've been praying to GOD to tell me I don't have to do this; that letting me do this would be a big mistake.

He's not really listening to me I don't think, because so far he hasn't let me off the hook yet.

In fact I think he is laughing at my reasons: My nicely formulated and logical reasons, why this would be a really bad idea.

Apparently he has some idea about my reasons being meaningless if He is with me, and how the weaknesses I see are only opportunities for His strength. (I think I read that in a book somewhere.)


What is a FISH to do?




2 comments:

  1. Yeah, one of the ways I know it's the Lord talking (and not some weird voice in my head) is that He almost ALWAYS wants me to do something that I don't want to do.

    And then, half the time, I think I can hear him snickering at me to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fairly sure I heard a sarcastic snort coming from his direction at one point. :-(

    ReplyDelete

Say Hoo Ha Ha!