Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Biblios Hokku - Mark

So yesterday we featured a haiku about the Gospel of Matthew.

Today we go onto Mark.

Mark is very different from Matthew. It is a shorter, faster Gospel, and appears to address a Gentile audience. It presents Jesus as a suffering saviour, and reminds us of his Sonship. It shows that as Christians not only will we suffer, but that suffering is a pathway to a new life. That we can't avoid it, and still follow Christ.

MARK
A man of sorrow.
Our salvation bought by blood.
“Follow me, and live.”
As always, you can find all the piece here.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't check in over here in a week or so (since the sickies hit). I'm loving the Hokku! So cool.

    And I updated my blog to say that I did write a letter this week. I almost gave up, but realized I'd be a major quitter if I let a little sickness stop me.

    And please, come and get all this snow. Please.

    ReplyDelete

Say Hoo Ha Ha!