Tuesday, February 2, 2010

20 Years gone by

As part of the McLinky Blog Hop I was asked the following question.
Tell us about your life 20 years ago. What were you doing? Where were you? What direction were you heading? How is your life different now that what you THOUGHT it would be?


Well I’ll tell you one thing; I never imagined I would be writing a daily journal on a computer about my life as a FISH. Not that I didn’t enjoy the water you understand. In fact I took to water from a very young age.



Actual portrait of the artist as a young man



For those of you who are confused; Yes I am a boy. Here’s a further proof.



Except both of these pictures are a little older than 20 years old of course.

20 Years ago I was entering my final year of junior school, and contemplating my next year at “big school”. At that stage I was not a lot bigger than I appear in this picture, except in the waist area perhaps. But that’s another story entirely.

I had no clue where my life was going, especially career wise. I didn’t know what I wanted to do when I grew up. I had considered being a doctor (too much blood) a pilot (afraid of heights) and an actor (too shy). All I knew was that being a lawyer was not an option. I really didn’t like the look of them from TV. (L.A. Law was a lot to answer for.)

20 years ago, I already felt different. I was starting to understand that I was younger than all my friends and classmates, and that I was going to be the only person starting High School who wasn’t a teenager yet. (I had started school early.)

20 years later, I still feel different. I still feel like I’m too young to be a responsible adult, and that all my friends have overtaken me. I still feel like I am never sure exactly where I am going.

The only difference now is that I’m cuter than ever. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Great post!

    (is there an elephant in the room regarding that first photo and what appears to be a long gown on you?......but hey! I am all about the freedom to be YOU!)

    and you were a cute kid! Love those curls.

    I must say....I was just getting out of the trainwreck stage of my life about 20 years ago....so who knows what I was thinking.

    When I was younger, I did want to be a veterinarian....and I still love being around animals to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.

    Actually I realise now that it is not clear, but what I am wearing is in fact my Mother's swimming costume. (It had a frill) Hence the fact that the picture comes after my comment about taking to the water from a young age.

    <-SB><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah......the frills would make the dress/swimming costume feminine as opposed to a dress without them.

    Gotcha!

    *wink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now how in the world did I miss this picture? I've always wished I could see what you looked like - and even though you're a little guy here - it's still cool. It's like - hey! you really are human! ha!
    That was fun.
    Lynnette

    ReplyDelete

Say Hoo Ha Ha!