Monday, August 3, 2009

RDM #5 - I Love You

rdm

I had planned to go back to posting some of my own old stuff this week, but I decided to do one more week of “guest re-posts” before that. 

One of my friends in the blogging world is Anne Lang Bundy, who describes herself as “ Ambassador for the Lord Jesus Christ, wife & homeschooling mom of five, and writer.” She runs a blog called Building His Body with some pretty deep theological insights and thought-provoking posts, go check it out – her July series on the Names of God was awesome.  I read a post on her blog in February this year called I Love You.  It was posted on Valentines Day, and Anne has kindly allowed me to re-post it here as a Rainy Day Monday entry.  I hope you like it, and I’ll go back into my own archives for something next week.

 

I LOVE YOU

My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. (1 Corinthians 16:24 NKJV)

“These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.” (John 15:11-14 NKJV)

I cannot know how many people these messages reach. But as Paul did, I can honestly tell each one of you that I love you. If you belong to Christ I am your sister, I love you, and I look forward to spending eternity with you. If you are among those peeking in at His kingdom, I love you as the beautiful person God created, whom I hope to soon see.

And as long as God gives me the ability, I intend to lay down my life (my right to myself) and to love you as I pray for you and share God with you—His love, His person, His Word, His joy.

Heavenly Father, thank You for adopting me into such a big family. Thank You for the of Jesus that unites us. Please give us and increase in us Your deep love for one another.

Don’t forget to leave a comment in the comment section below, and if you are also taking part in Rainy Day Monday then put a link to your RDM post either in the comment section, or in the Mister Linky Widget (if it is working).

5 comments:

  1. Okay, interesting story about this. Through a series of mistakes, co-incidences and unexplained circumstances, I posted the wrong one of Anne's posts. This was not the post that was supposed to appear today, but one with a similar title.

    I am leaving it up in the hopes that it touches someone, because maybe God let me be this stupid for a reason. I would not have asked to post this one; Annes would probably not have let me, but maybe God meant it for someone out there. If not, just hold your breath for another week or two and the real post, called Real Love, will appear.

    We apologise for the inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shark Bait, since the Lord evidently had a different plan, I'm letting this be one more place and one more way to share my great love for the saints.

    And it means I get another guest post at a future date? Wow. I'm doubly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shark Bait, I don't think there's ever a need to apologize for sharing God's love with folks. :-)

    And by the way, check your mail! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne L.B. - Thank you for being so understanding. It is indeed a beautiful post, and I hope it touches someone.

    Sarah - I did, thank you. Sorry I was too late to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who said you didn't help? You encouraged me. You confirmed a lot of things I was thinking. No worries, my friend. Thanks for your input. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Say Hoo Ha Ha!