Friday, September 3, 2010

Time flies, part 2

So the other day I was talking about my watch.  And the flat battery.

Well, it reminded me of an analogy I used once when doing a sermon about the Holy Spirit.

A lady goes to the jeweller, because her watch has stopped.  He takes it, has a look, fiddles around with it, and gives it back.  She asks him, “What did you do?”

“I just changed the battery.” He replies.

“Battery?” she says,  “I didn’t know it had a battery, I’ve been winding it up every day.”

Are we trying to wind ourselves up every day?  Are we trying to do things in our own strength?  God has a battery pack for us.  Are we using it?

Think about it.

2 comments:

  1. Totally in line with how I have been feeling on the "performance treadmill" lately.

    Spinning my wheels, trying to attain something that only God can give.

    Good stuff, SB.

    ReplyDelete

Say Hoo Ha Ha!