Saturday, September 4, 2010

Book Review - 1 & 2 Timothy / Titus


No, I am not reviewing the letters of Paul.  I am reviewing this book, which contains Bible Studies of the above mentioned books.  I received the book from Tyndale Publishing in exchange for a review, however I am not obliged to be favourable.

That being said, I was suitably impressed.  The book is divided into two halves.  The first half contains 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy and Titus.  The books are reproduced in the New Living Translation, which is not my favourite, but is quite poetic.  It also includes Life Application Study Bible notes on these three books, the same as you would find in your Life Application Study Bible.  Since I am a fan of the Life Application Study Bible, I have nothing to add except to say "Good job as always."
The second half was what I was expecting when I ordered the book; 13 Bible Studies on leadership arising out of the Scriptures.  These Bible Studies are suited to either private study, or group work, and give suggested time limits, meaning you can make them fir for a 60 minute or 90 minute session.  Good for use in small groups.


I will probably be using the book for Group study at some point in the future, but in the meantime, it makes a good addition to my resource shelf.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hoo Ha Ha!