Thursday, September 2, 2010

Review : Free Refill – Mark Atteberry

719128_1_ftc_dp

If you feel empty and your faith has run dry, don't panic...you're not alone! Some of the greatest heroes of the Bible had the same experience. They saw their faith dwindle down to almost nothing. They found themselves questioning beliefs that once seemed unshakeable.

The great news is that God gives free refills.

Thus promises the back cover of Free Refill – coming back for more of Jesus.  This book was given to me a few years back for a birthday present.  The givers knew how much I liked coffee, so they bought this, thinking I would like the theme.

They were right.  It is awesome.

719128_2_toc_dp

The book is divided into 8 chapters, each one focused on realising how Jesus refills our faith in Him: through his understanding of us; his presence in our lives; his love for us; and much more.

It is really a wonderful book, and I can honestly say that each chapter touched me.  There is nothing new in this book, nothing groundbreaking – Just some honest truths that really make you stop and think.

I have read it about 5 times, and am currently adapting it for use in my Bible Study group.  So if you can get your hands on a copy, I can highly recommend it.

It might not change your life.  But it might just change how you feel about it.

Click below for an excerpt from the introduction, and judge for yourself.

719128_3_exc_dp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hoo Ha Ha!