Thursday, December 10, 2009

Biblios Hokku - Hosea

Poor Hosea. He was a good man, in a wicked world, and he faithfully followed GOD's isntructions to him. Unfortunately for him, those instructions included telling him to marry an unfaithful wife. HE uses this as a picture of his marriage to an unfaithful Bride, Israel.

The book is full of warnings about the consequences of their unfaithfullness "For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind" - Hosea 8:7.

It also includes some wonderful pictures of redemption if they would return, including "I will heal their backsliding.... I will love them freely"

For my Biblios Hokku project, I wrote this piece.

HOSEA
Harsh is my judgement.
Oh return to my healing.
Free will be my love.

2 comments:

  1. You have been one busy fish! I'm commenting once, but I enjoyed all four posts I just found in my reader. I'm still a little fuzzy on a couple of minor prophets, so I'll especially enjoy the upcoming posts.

    Glad to have you back from that nanano thing. Hope it went well.

    ReplyDelete

Say Hoo Ha Ha!