Monday, October 5, 2009

Biblios Hokku

When I started this insane idea of mine about writing the Bible in Haikus, I really had no idea why I was doing it. I mean I like the Bible, and I like Haiku; but who ever thought they would go together?






Seriously! What was that about?


But something interesting happened as I worked my way through it. It started bringing the Bible to life in a way I had never really seen it before. Particularly the Old Testament. It allowed me to see patterns in the Word that I had never noticed before. Studying the minor prophets as I have never done before, and seeing just how far God goes to try and bring his people back to him. I mean it was almost sad to read, knowing that each warning would be ignored, or forgotten.


It has given me a new perspective on the message of the Old Testament, and how it all fits together so neatly. I think I could spend years just going through one book.

It has been most educational thus far, and I look forward to finishing it soon.


Which brings me to my next point. I am finished the Old Testament now. Over the last few days I had a spurt of inspiration, and write 21 chapters in three sittings. Not a bad piece of work if I do say so myself.


Now I'm going to spend a bit of time polishing, tightening, and above all typing, these works, and then then the will be ready to release. I am thinking I will space them out, and possible release about four a week for the next two months, together with a brief comment about what the book meant to me. This should carry me through October and November without having to think too much, and leave my focus on my novel.


If you're not a fan of the Biblios Hokku programme, then I do apologise. I will be posting other stuff as it comes to me, so keep reading. I just think it will take some of the pressure off me to have to think of something to say, particularly in November, when I will probably be updating my writing blog more often.



2 comments:

  1. Blessings on your continued journey refining Biblios hokku.

    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I started this insane idea ... It started bringing the Bible to life in a way I had never really seen it before.

    You're expressing exactly the way I've felt about writing biblical fiction. Fiction? Me? You've GOT to be kidding.

    But even if I'm never published, the Word has come so alive to me that all this agony will have been worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Say Hoo Ha Ha!