What does faithfulness mean? I think it speaks of honesty, commitment, and doing the right thing in the face of the easy way out.
We are told in Scriptures that God is faithful:
- Faithful to forgive the repentant (1 John 1:8-10)
- Faithful to help us overcome temptation (1 Corinthians 10:13)
- Faithful in His presence (Hebrews 13:5)
- Faithful in understanding our weakness (Hebrews 4:14-16)
Our response needs to be to build our own faithfulness:
- We need to be faithful with our talents and wealth and time. (Matthew 25:21)
- We need to be faithful in our beliefs, even unto death. (Revelation 2:10b)
- We need to be faithful in our religious attendance. (Hebrews 10:25)
- We need to be faithful in our ministry.
- We need to be faithful in our dealings with others.
“from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked” Luke 12:48
“With great power, comes great responsibility”