Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Run

You can praise God by peeling a spud if you peel it to perfection. Don't compromise. Compromise is a language of the devil. Run in God's name and let the world stand back and in wonder. 

J.D LiddellChariots of Fire

I do not know whether Eric Liddell’s father ever actually said this to him, but I love this quote from Chariots of Fire almost as much as I love the one I have mentioned a few times before…

I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure. – Eric LIddell

Watching the Olympic Games this week, I wonder how many of the athletes would have the courage of their convictions to refuse to run in their best event because it conflicts with their religious beliefs.  The modern attitude is “victory at any cost.”

We all run a race every day.  I wonder how often we feel the pressure to compromise, especially in areas where “it doesn’t really matter.”

And how often we forget who it is we are running for.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hoo Ha Ha!