Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I love you to God and back

One day at a time, one prayer at a time, a busy working mother and playful six-year-old daughter transformed their bedtime prayers. Like a window into their relationship their prayers and reflections let us witness the growth, enjoy the childlikeness, and learn from their winsome faith. Discover how you and your child can find connection, humour, and a deeper understanding of God in the quiet last few minutes of each day.

I loved the title, and the concept is quite interesting as well. A mother starts recording her daughters nightly prayers, and we are invited to watch as both of their faiths grow before our eyes.

And it works, for a while.  I found the first few chapters interesting, maybe as much as half the book.  There is a good mix of child-like innocence, lessons learned by Mother, and spiritual insight.

However, it gets a bit repetitive.  I guess the best way to explain it is that only the first 20 photos of somebody’s new-born baby are cute.  After a while you want to see something fresh.  Despite the blurb, I did not see a great deal of development from cover to cover.

However I enjoyed it, and most of you probably will as well.  Just don’t expect it to be profound or life-changing.

I received and reviewed a free copy from Thomas Nelson.  Learn more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hoo Ha Ha!