Monday, August 15, 2011

It’s Not about Me – Max Lucado

_140_245_Book.450.cover

Pop culture and psychobabble tell us to make ourselves the center of the universe in order to be happy. Churches have communicated the false idea that God exists to give us all that we selfishly want. In this book, Max Lucado reminds us that it's not about us, it's all about God. It is through this shift in thinking that we can truly live an unburdened, happy life.


This book, as with most of the Max Lucado books I have read, was good solid theology.  The man really knows his stuff.  It is only about 150 pages long, and each chapter is short enough to read quickly and spend some time digesting.

Admittedly not a lot of what he says is original, and is repeated a lot.  However there are some truths that we need to keep examining from different directions until we can move them from our heads into our hearts.  I can’t say that it inspired me to change my life, but it gave me much to think about as I have been contemplating this very theme for a while… what does it mean to say that it is all about GOD, and not about me.

The study guide in the back is also quite good, and it covers the material from each chapter, so you can use the book as a group study, or personal study, as well as just a good read.

Don’t expect anything groundbreaking, but read it anyway.  It really is quite good.

 

I review for BookSneeze®

I received the book for free from Thomas Nelson Publishing as part of their BookSneeze programme.  Learn more about the book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hoo Ha Ha!