Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Am I still lost?

I hear rumours that they will be making a sequel to Finding Nemo, which is due to be released in 2016.

I do not know how I feel about that.

On the one fin, Finding Nemo is one of the most awesome films of all time. 

On the other fin, sequels (almost) never do justice to the original, and often cheapen the franchise and characters. 

I wonder how well it will do though.  The original was released in 2003.  Which means that children who were 8 when it came out, will be 20 now. And 25 year olds who saw it and loved it will be 38.

So will the target market be people who saw it the first time, and are now in their 20’s and 30’s?  Or will they be catering to a whole new generation?  An interesting question indeed.

Do you like sequels?  Or do you think things should just be left alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hoo Ha Ha!